LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create array in a VFG

Hello,

I would like to know how to create a array into VFG optimally. I know how to do but I don't think I have the right method. Do you have an example Do you have any examples that I can use as inspiration ?

Thank you for your helps

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(1,408 Views)

Just for my curiosity: what does VFG mean?

Message 2 of 17
(1,385 Views)

@MaSta wrote:

Just for my curiosity: what does VFG mean?

Some possible acronyms:

Victorian Frog Group

Vista Financial Group

Virtual Facility Group

Versuchsanstalt Für Getreideverarbeitung

Very fast-growing

Visual Flight Guide

Virtual Fighter Group

Voice Frequency Generator

Valley Fig Growers

Virtual Facility Groups

Virtual Focus Groups

My bet is however on:

Variable Frequency Generator

But even if I'm right I would have no ideas what the OP wants exactly. It depends a lot on the type, make and model of such an instrument, to know what would need to be done. 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(1,368 Views)

Sorry,

VFG it's in French, I think it's FGV in english (Function Variable Fonctional).  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(1,364 Views)

Maybe a Functional Global Variable?

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(1,316 Views)

@GSXR100038 wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know how to create a array into VFG optimally. I know how to do but I don't think I have the right method.

Show us how you currently do it (whatever it is!) and if there is a better way, we will tell you.

What's wrong with your current way (performance? convoluted code? incorrect result? does not always work? something else?)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(1,298 Views)

@GovBob  a écrit :

Maybe a Functional Global Variable?

Sorry, of course yes that's it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(1,279 Views)

@altenbach  a écrit :

Show us how you currently do it (whatever it is!) and if there is a better way, we will tell you.

Hi,

Thank you,  Finally I managed to do something. I don't know if it's correct but it works for me (see in this attached). I use to synchronize 2 loops which do not have the same sampling frequency.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(1,273 Views)
  • You did not include the typedef, so I had to disconnect it
  • Since the stored array is always size=3, you can wire the "Value_in" directly to the replace array subset. No need to index and build a new array. The array will always be size=3, no matter the array size of "Value_in".
  • If Value_in is guaranteed to be size=3, you don't even need the "replace array subset".
  • You don't need to wire the index=0 for the replace array subset, it's the default.
  • I would recommend a feedback node because you can globally initialize it and also eliminate the while loop. This will guarantee that the size is 3 and all zeroes on first call, even if you forget to initialize. (In your code: If you write before init, the array will be size=0 on first run. You cannot replace elements that are not there.
  • I would make the "read" state the default, so you typically don't even need to wire it when reading.
  • Most of your output tunnels can be configured to use default if unwired, eliminating all these stray zero constants.
  • Not sure why your VI has an icon that depicts a matrix. Not intuitive and confusing!

It could look similar to the following:

altenbach_0-1668548263061.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(1,262 Views)

@altenbach  a écrit :
  • You did not include the typedef, so I had to disconnect it
  • Since the stored array is always size=3, you can wire the "Value_in" directly to the replace array subset. No need to index and build a new array. The array will always be size=3, no matter the array size of "Value_in".

Thank you, let me a little time to watch please, after I'll be back. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(1,212 Views)