LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a spreadsheet into a LVM File

Hi I'm using a philtec displacement sensor, and aquiring data with labview. The displacement is captured via a voltage, and then the sensor has a voltage/displacement curve. I'm trying to use the scaling/mapping feature to convert the voltage into a displacement, but it needs to have an lvm file. I have the spreadsheet with just two columns, the first is voltage the second is microns of displacement.

I'm pretty new to labview, and I've tried to hack through the file I/O stuff, but I can't seem to write an lvm file, I'm sure this is easy, can anyone help???

Thanks
Omar.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,618 Views)
Hi Omar

I think you need to write out your data using the "Write LabVIEW Measurement File" Express VI.
It's at the bottom of the File I/O palette.

Hope that helps
Neil
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,601 Views)
How do I tell the write LVM file VI to read input from a spreadsheet though? Isn't that ususally used during data aquisition to create an LVM file of what you are measuring? I don't really have a signal to input into that VI.

Thanks
Omar.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,599 Views)
If your spreadsheet data is two columns and you save it as tab delimited text then you can read it in and write it out to an LVM file - see attached VI - written using LabVIEW 7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,591 Views)
Hi Neil:

Thanks So Much!!! This works perfectly!! I've spent so much time trying to do this, I hate trying to learn new software :)!!

Thanks Again!

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,585 Views)