cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling another vi by pressing a button in main vi labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to control a boolean button from main vi and this button will change the indicator in another vi. Actually, my work is about changing languages, when i press the button, front panel lang. is changing, I have also another vi and there is a button too for changing lang. I want to use one button in main vi and the button will change language of the other vi, too. I don't know exactly the subvi structures. I tried several solutions but no result. How can i do this application.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,138 Views)

Hi caki,

use a wire from your main VI button to the connector pane of those subVIs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,125 Views)

Thanks for reply, i already tried this. When i wire the button to subvi, click the button then I can't do anything on the front panel, so I have to stop vi. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,111 Views)

Start SubVI asynchronously

AeroSoul_0-1646228228242.png

and then use something like action engine (what i usually use, but i hear it's not example of good practice anymore) to pass information between main vi and subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,102 Views)

Hi caki,

so you did something to some VIs unknown to us, but you want us to debug your problem?

Why don't you attach your VIs?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by cakiroglu

These are the vi's. In main vi I wired sub vi directly to button. It changes graph vi but then freeze, so i have to stop vi. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,094 Views)