From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling LED´s with NTC/Arduino

Hi,
I´m struggling with a project and would be greatful if someone out there could help.

I´m trying to build a project simulating a engine. The NTC is connected by arduino and depending on the temperature, Led´s should light up.
Also, a alarm should be set (any temperature) together with a buzzer and with a LED connected from Arduino

If someone could help, I would be more than greatful.
thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(835 Views)

Could you please help clarify why your non-NI related question was posed on a NI Discussion forum under LabVIEW board? does your project involve any NI Hardware or Software and you are facing any issues with them?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(824 Views)

In general there are three ways of using LabVIEW with an Arduino.

1. Program the Arduino in the native Arduino language and use LabVIEW to access the Arduino using VISA just like any other instrument on a serial port.
    1. IMHO: this is the best way as you have full control over the communications protocol and access to all of the of Arduino libraries and LabVIEW toolkits that are already out there.
  2. Use LINX (LIFA has long since been deprecated)
    1. Full LabVIEW integration, but limited amount of Arduino libraries and peripherals directly supported
    2. The Arduino basically becomes a tethered DAC device that needs to be connected to a computer to work
  3. TSXperts Arduino compiler for LabVIEW
    1. Actually turns LabVIEW into compiled stand alone Arduino code. (A real feat on its own)
      1. Limited subset of LabVIEW vi's and primitives
      2. Very limited support for Arduino libraries 
      3. Development seems to have stopped, so those annoying bugs are here to stay

Pick a method try a few things and come back with some code to show us and we can probably help you.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(801 Views)

@gray6 wrote:

Hi,
I´m struggling with a project and would be greatful if someone out there could help.

I´m trying to build a project simulating a engine. The NTC is connected by arduino and depending on the temperature, Led´s should light up.
Also, a alarm should be set (any temperature) together with a buzzer and with a LED connected from Arduino

If someone could help, I would be more than greatful.
thanks.

This is a school project. Be honest.

In that vein, you had better show some work you have done instead of depending on others to do the work for you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(793 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

Could you please help clarify why your non-NI related question was posed on a NI Discussion forum under LabVIEW board? does your project involve any NI Hardware or Software and you are facing any issues with them?

I suspect that LabVIEW is a requirement for displaying information from the NTC connected to the Arduino.

The instructor must be sorely lacking or the OP didn't pay attention in class if all he has to show for it is a blank piece of paper for others to do his work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(790 Views)