LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control button for boolean constant appears stretched in labview application.

I placed a boolean constant on a block diagram.  Then I changed the shape of the corresponding button on the front panel to be square 15 x 15.  I placed the button over a portion of a graph legend.  I then created and .exe using application builder.

When the application is run on my computer the buttons retains the intended shape, that is square 15 x 15, and the intended position but when run on another users computer the button appears in a slightly different position relative to the graph legend and is stretched in shape to something more like 15 high by 50 wide.

I do not understand what is causing the behavior?  Is it possible that the user has the wrong RTE or is there some other explanation?

Thanks,
Bernie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,491 Views)

Hi Bernie,

What happens if you run the executable on your machine after changing the screen resolution?  Also, check out the VI Properties for this VI.  Look in File>>VI Properties>>Window Size and notice whether or not the checkboxes on proportion and scale are checked.  Finally, have you set any of the front panel objects to scale with the front panel?  You do this by right-clicking on the object and checking "Scale Object with Pane"?

Let us know,
Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,471 Views)

If the boolean is set to size with the text

and

the font on the questionalbe machine is "weird" (unknown font, bad size, large font, etc)

that may exaplin this behaviour.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 9
(3,464 Views)
Under VI properties, window size, none of the items are checked/selected.

I can not find a size to text property for the boolean but for what it is worth there is no text being displayed.

Problem may be related to display on notebook with a wide aspect ratio.

In the attached jpg you can see a pink boolean improperly stretched at the top of the screen and a black one near the middle.

Any thoughts or further suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,451 Views)

Hi Bernie,

Have you tried using a custom control for this Boolean?  To customize, right-click and go to Advanced>>Customize.  You can then change the properties of the boolean and save it as a .ctl file.  I'd be curious to see if a custom control was stretched/distorted the same way a normal Boolean was.  By the way, what version of LV are you using and what is the screen resolution on  your laptop?

Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,417 Views)

Problem is apparently due to the fact that I initiated the process with a boolean constant (as noted in first post) on the block diagram instead of by creating a boolean control on the front panel.  When I use a boolean control the problem is resolved.

Thanks,
Bernie

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,385 Views)

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for posting the update.  I'm a little unclear on the situation which led to the problem.  I see that you started with a boolean constant, but how did you create the front panel control which you resized?  If you simply right-clicked on the constant and selected "Change to control", the behavior shouldn't be any different than if you had started with the control itself.

Thanks,
Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,368 Views)

I have had similiar issues when I had a boolean with Boolean text.  The Control resized to be large enough to show "ON" and "OFF" (the boolean text) even though I had it set not visible.

As soon as I went in and deleted the text the issue went away.

Message 8 of 9
(3,359 Views)

It is possible that the original problem I had went away when I unchecked the "Lock text in center" and "Multiple strings" selections in the appearance properties even though I had previously unchecked "Show Boolean Text".

I will try to recreate the problem and confirm.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,356 Views)