From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control 1394 Firewire Camera in Labview 8.0

I found this tutorial for Acquiring from Firewire Cameras using NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/a533e1e5a109cbce86256d8e00768814

And it says on this website:

"Programming:
The NI-IMAQ driver will install the User Manual and a Function Reference Manual that you can access from the Start Menu in Windows. If you are using LabVIEW, it will also install a specific palette of VIs that can be used to program the acquisition from FireWire Cameras. The palette is titled IMAQ IEEE-1394. It includes Configuration, High Level VIs, Low Level VIs, Triggering, and access to the registers on the FireWire Camera."

The camera works fine using Measurement & Automation Explorer. However, when I run Labview, I cannot find the palatte of VIs that I'm supposed to use. I don't think I have it.
What should I do now? Can someone please provide with some suggestions?

I'm currently have the following software versions installed:
Labview 8.0
Measurement & Auotomation Explorer 4.0.3
NI-IMAQ for 1394 2.0.1
NI-VISA 3.6

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,622 Views)

Dr. Zaius,

Thanks for your post.  There could be several reasons why your NI IMAQ 1394 drivers are not working with LabVIEW 8.0.  NI IMAQ for 1394 must be activated in the NI License Manager (witha green square) to function properly.  Also, depending on the order you installed your software, there may be a few steps you need to take to get your 1394 IMAQ drivers to function properly.  Please refer to the following Knowledge Bases to see if they are of any help:

How Do I Install My IMAQ Vision Software and Drivers With LabVIEW 8?
NI-IMAQ for IEEE 1394 Installer FAQ

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Scott Savage
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,617 Views)
Thanks.
The problem is fixed (temporarily) since I installed the newest version of IMAQ 1394 which is 2.0.2.
But I only have the 30 day free trial of this software.
So I'll have to find out if I can do without it before the trial period expires.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,608 Views)