Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating through PIO

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author hosa

It is solved. I found that in the sample program from PI, there is one demo panel that had some programming error and was misleading me. So, I thought that the VI is no capable to communicate through PIO. It is using traditional DAQ. It is now working.

Thanks to Milan and Gabriela.

Hosa

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,446 Views)

Hello Hosa,

great! Of course I would be interested in that programming error that you found... Could you please let me know?

Also, you can contact me directly if you have any questions regarding E-712 or orther PI controllers.

Regards,

Gabriela

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,441 Views)

Hi Gabriela,

The sample VI has one input to choose device. It is a numeric imput. First, the device number in Traditional DAQ and DAQmx is different in MAX. Second, there was an error indicator that didn't show error on time. I mean that, for some reason, the error indicator had a long lag between receiving the error and showing it. As a results, when I chose the device numer, the wrong number, the error was generated and the code was not working properly. Then, because of the existance of error, when I change the device numer to correct one, it didn't work again. And I thougt that the VI is not working with the PIO. I put a new error indicator to the VI and then I could see the error on the moment it was generated. Then, when I set the device numer, at first, to the one in the traditional DAQ, the code has no error. Even, the LEDs on my PXI started to blink, and I found that something good has happened.

I am going to report this to PI, too.

Hope it would be helpful.

Regarding the E-712 controller, I thing there is no difference in the method of synchronization. I am going to synchronize this E-710 with an optical detector. The method of synchronization could be by buffer acquisition. Do you have any experience of comment on this method, or similar methods of synchronization.

Thank you,

hosa

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,438 Views)

Hi Hosa,

thanks for reporting this back to PI.

Regarding your sychronization question, I am actually not sure if this is the right solution to fulfill your application requirements. PIO was designed to have real time communication with the controller, so if you have real time needs, you will need a real time OS on your PC, too. PI has designed a Linux-based real-time interface for such tasks (especially for customer who are not so familiar with real time issues). I would suggest that you contact PI directly and ask for a direct contact with "R&D - software group". This would be the easiest way for you to get help on your application.

Thanks and regards,

Gabriela

Message 14 of 14
(1,420 Views)