LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citadel 5 Database: Asymmetry in Read and Write; Database Subfolders

Hi, 

I just started using DSC module of LabVIEW and related architecture such as Citedal Database for several days. This might be a trivial issue with easy fix but I could not find documention about this. 

When wrting a trace in the databas, a "subfolder" for the PC I am using is automatically generated. It seems that I have no access to the name of the subfolder for the trace I want to write. When reading, it seems I do not have access to the "process" or the "subfolder". 

In the attached screenshot: I would like to write an entry to the database that I copied from other PC (the red line), but it is the black line being established. Similar situation happens for trace reading. When I tried to read the green database, it is the blue being read, except I manually delete the blue database.

Multimap.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,398 Views)

Greetings pai193387

I reproduced your issue on my end. Because of the way Citadel organizes data I could not find a way to just keep working on the process that was started in a different computer. So my suggestion is to read all the data from the process and rewrite it on a new trace and then keep working on the new trace.

Alternatively, it is better to keep small traces separate; in case there is a corruption you don’t lose too many data at a time.

Let us know if you have additional questions or if you find a better solution.

Warm Regards, 

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,329 Views)

Hi Tortu, 

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes I will try to keep everything local. 

Do you have any recommendation on maximal size of a trace that you would maintain? I periodically archive/copy the database onto other PC (currently only 2 PCs having database, but ideally I would keep more than 5 PCs, would corruption still be an issue? and how often that corruption would occur?) Sorry for a lot of follow up questions and thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,321 Views)