LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if file exists returns false. File is in system32

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having a problem detecting if a file exists which was simply copied to the system32 directory.  I tried moving the file to various other directories and simply using a vi with the "Check if file or folder exists" action.  I've narrowed it down to not being able to find the file if I copy it to either c:\windows or c:\windows\system32. 

I thought this could be a permissions issue, but did my best to assign the user name full control of the folders.

Another interesting thing is if I make the file input a control and click on the "folder" icon to open a list of files, I cannot see the newly copied files in system32 directory either.  Very strange.

This is on a Dell PC, Windows 7 professional/Labview 2010 SP1 (note I am running the vi. as an executable on this machine).  Could it be some setting in my project build?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,779 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dre99gsx

If you're using Windows 7 64-bit, it may be related to the problems the user was having here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Problem-Using-quot-msg-quot-command-with-quot-System-Exec-vi/m-p/153...

It may be that the LabVIEW functions are 32-bit and are getting redirected.

Message 2 of 3
(3,774 Views)

Thanks!  Put the files in syswow64 and suddenly it sees them.  I guess it was redirecting from system32. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,768 Views)