From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check if file exists returns false. File is in system32

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm having a problem detecting if a file exists which was simply copied to the system32 directory.  I tried moving the file to various other directories and simply using a vi with the "Check if file or folder exists" action.  I've narrowed it down to not being able to find the file if I copy it to either c:\windows or c:\windows\system32. 

I thought this could be a permissions issue, but did my best to assign the user name full control of the folders.

Another interesting thing is if I make the file input a control and click on the "folder" icon to open a list of files, I cannot see the newly copied files in system32 directory either.  Very strange.

This is on a Dell PC, Windows 7 professional/Labview 2010 SP1 (note I am running the vi. as an executable on this machine).  Could it be some setting in my project build?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dre99gsx

If you're using Windows 7 64-bit, it may be related to the problems the user was having here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Problem-Using-quot-msg-quot-command-with-quot-System-Exec-vi/m-p/153...

It may be that the LabVIEW functions are 32-bit and are getting redirected.

Message 2 of 3
(3,786 Views)

Thanks!  Put the files in syswow64 and suddenly it sees them.  I guess it was redirecting from system32. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,780 Views)