LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change trigger output width NI-SWITCH (PXI-2529)

Hi!

I need to change the width of the trigger output of the PXI-2529 switch matrix. Th default value of 2 µs is too short for my application.

I tried to use a DAQmx Export Signal Property Node in LabVIEW  (from the property selection  Events»Advance Complete Event»Pulse»Width Value).

The DAQmx Export Signal Property Node asks for a taskName Input but I don't know how to create this on Labview. I'm using the NI-Switch functions to configure the PXI-2529 switch matrix. 

Could you help?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(674 Views)

Hi Tom,

@TomUPF wrote:

I tried to use a DAQmx Export Signal Property Node in LabVIEW  (from the property selection  Events»Advance Complete Event»Pulse»Width Value).

Why do you use DAQmx functions to configure a NI-SWITCH device?

You should be using functions from the NI-SWITCH function palette…

Have you tried to use niSwitch_ConfigureScanTrigger yet?

According to the specs the trigger output length should be "software selectable"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(654 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried using DAQmx functions based on a previous response in this forum (https://forums.ni.com/t5/Switch-Hardware-and-Software/output-trigger-pulse-width/m-p/2515838)

I already explored all the NI-SWITCH functions palette and did not find any possiblity to modify output trigger width. The niSwitch_ConfigureScanTrigger does not allow to modify this parameter (only its delay and output destination).

Any idea where this  "software selectable" parameters could be modified?

Best,

Tomás

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(598 Views)