LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a property of a specifc array element (array of type defs)

If I have an array of elements, and I want to change aproperty of one specific element, at position X, is there a way to do this?

Basically, I have an array of string indicators indicating certain tests attached to certain ports, and I want to change the text to bold on certain indicators, and i want to color certain indicators green or red.  Any chance in an array or clusters only? 

Thanks Guys.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,413 Views)
Nope, not in an array, your suspicions are correct.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,406 Views)

While you can't change the properties for a single array element, there are solutions.

For the background color, you can turn the array element into a cluster of your string (which would be transparent) and a color box which will be the background. You can then change the value of the color box and the color will change.

For the bold text, I think your only option will be to get rid of the string control and make the array element a picture control instead. Using the picture VIs, you can draw a colored rectangle and then place text inside it (and each element can have different text properties). That way, you won't even need the color box.

(2,392 Views)