LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot debug remote application

Remote debugging doesn't work in LabVIEW 2020 (version 20.0.1 f1 32-bit) for me. The tools doesn't find running application in the same computer (localhost) and another computer. It doesn't work with local license and volume license server.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(314 Views)

Hello, I think remote debugging is the most important feature, and thanks for bringing this up.  Without remote debugging, it is so painful to develop RT application.  

In my case, I am using LabVIEW 2019 SP1 and found remote debugging did not work at first.  Then, I noticed I put check mark on "Disable Start-up EXE" in MAX for the RT target.  I checked that LabVIEW 2019 SP1 does not have the issue.  

CompactRIO, PXI-RT, other RT-enabled products from NI could have changed the enginerring world much better and much faster, but NI did not do well for marketing, training, documentation, etc.  NI had done those things better since at least 10 years ago, they would have been able to avoid recent decays of their culture.  They were so closed for their wonderful inventions both on SW and HW.  If LabVIEW was more open to engineers and scientist, in the aspect of cost, licensing, educations, training materials, more users were willing to open up what they create with LabVIEW same as the recent situations for Python and other languages.  

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(265 Views)