LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the waveform chart be linked with the multi column list box?

For example, I have two test items, test1 and test2, which measure voltage. My test results are displayed in the multi column list box, and the waveform is displayed in the waveform chart. Can I do that when I click test1 in the table, the waveform chart only displays the voltage measured by test1, and when I click test2, the waveform chart only displays the voltage measured by test2.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(676 Views)

Yes, of course, you can do that, just not inherently. You will have to implement the features, based on what the user has selected in the MCL, you've to make appropriate plot in the chart visible or hidden.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(645 Views)

I already replied here a while ago, but yes, this is a very simple problem. For reference, here's your UI translated using google lens:

altenbach_0-1651934088062.png

If you say "test 1 OR test 2", is there also a situation where you want to see both or is that an XOR?

What exactly do you want to see in the listbox? (For example if you switch from test 1 to test 2, do you want to keep displaying the last test1 result in the listbox?)

In any case, LabVIEW is a very rich programming language and you can easily do whatever you want. If you get stuck, we can help you solve the problem! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(635 Views)
Yes, you replied to my question in the Chinese Forum. Thank you very much. Maybe my expression is not clear enough. Let me describe it in detail. First of all, I will carry out several tests in turn, and each test will collect a voltage signal. In order to intuitively display the test results to users, I need to display the name of each test item, voltage amplitude value and period in a multi column list, and display the waveform in the waveform chart at the same time. Considering that the test results are dynamically added to the multi column list and only one waveform chart control is placed for the sake of page simplicity, I need to ensure that when I double-click test item 1, that is, when I double-click the first row, the waveform chart only displays the waveform of test result 1; When I double-click test item n, the waveform chart only displays the waveform of test result n, and will not appear together with the curves of other test results. The test items in the list will also start from the first item and increase as I accept new test results. They are displayed together. Please note that I don't know how many test items there are in advance. This is a process of obtaining test results in real time and dynamically. At present, we have decided to select the main test items, fix them and display the main signals, so this requirement does not exist. Anyway, thank you very much for your reply and help. Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(601 Views)

I'm sorry to see your answer now because of jet lag. At present, we have decided to select the main test items, fix them and display the main signals, so this requirement does not exist. Anyway, thank you very much for your reply and help. Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(600 Views)