From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open LabVIEW project 2018

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

I am new to LabVIEW and I have a fairly basic question.

I have loaded sample file and want to open the file in LabVIEW 2018 but cannot open the. LabVIEW 2018 show this massage and I don't know what I should do to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,094 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author therinoy

Well, either you didn't have a Project, or something else (perhaps "data-driven") is wrong.  Why don't you attach your Project (if its in a Folder, compress the Folder and attach the resulting .zip file).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,068 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author therinoy

LabVIEW can only "open" LabVIEW code and related files (VI, llb, lvproj, ctl, etc.).

If you are in LabVIEW and use the file menu entries "open ..." or "open project ...", etc, and you browse to some random non-LabVIEW file, the outcome will not be predictable. Even worse, if the file has one of the recognized extensions, but is something else.

So tell us exactly (step-by-step!) what you are doing, what happens, and what you expect to happen instead. Also define what you mean by "sample file".

Of course, to "open" anything else, you can write a LabVIEW program to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,059 Views)