cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't load packed library after reinstalling windows

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I've had a google about this issue but unfortunately I can't quite find anything that matches it. Last week my laptop crashed and our IT support team had to completely reinstall Windows. I've just about got all of my old programs and addons reinstalled now but I'm having one issue using a packed library that I built prior to the crash.

When I try to add a subVI from the packed library to a new block diagram, I get the following error:

LabVIEW error 0x625.png

All VIs that use this packed library all load with broken wires now as well. It's weird because I built the library using Windows 7 and that's the operating system that I just had reinstalled. Any ideas? 

Thanks in Advance,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,056 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dml13

Hi Dan,

did you by any chance change the bitness of LabVIEW (32bit vs. 64 bit) while setting up your computer again?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,052 Views)

Hi Dan!

Have you lately make any change in the configuration of LabVIEW?
I want to know what version of LabVIEW are you using, maybe you have an specific error depending on the version anyway here's a link that have information about Using Libraries in LabVIEW 2017 projects this may help you in something 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/lvconcepts/project_libraries/

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,031 Views)

Hi GerdW and mtrejos,

Thank you both for your replies. I think the issue could be that when I reinstalled LabVIEW it was the 32-bit version instead of 64-bit. I'll reinstall using the 64-bit version and let you know whether it works.

Kind Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,010 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I doubled checked and my version of LabVIEW is definitely 64-bit. Do you know what else could be causing this issue?

Cheers,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,994 Views)

It turns out that actually I did change the bitness. I when I reinstalled Windows I downloaded LabVIEW 64-bit, assuming I was previously using the 64-bit version. In reality I was actually using the 32-bit version previously, I just didn't realise. I've reinstalled and everything is working now. Thanks very much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,987 Views)