LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change decimal sign in timestamp BUG

Solved!
Go to solution
It's impossible to change the decimal sign inside a timestamp indicator.
It will always revert to the system default.
The formatter %<%3u>T will return:

The formatter %<%.;%3u>T will return:

The formatter %.;%<%3u>T will return:

Could someone at NI return a car or workaround?
While I was hoping for
Thanks in advance,

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 02-01-2008 10:07 AM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Download All
Message 1 of 12
(12,999 Views)
By default, according to my regional settings, the decimal sign is a "." on my machine. But as you can imagine I'm unable to display a "," instead of ".".

Message Edité par JB le 02-01-2008 10:49 AM
Message 2 of 12
(12,985 Views)
Hi,

I will look into this. It looks like a bug indeed.

Michel Farhi-Chevillard
Localization Manager
National Instruments

Message 3 of 12
(12,963 Views)
I use this for my time date stamp
%<%X %x>T
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(12,954 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TCPlomp

I have submitted a corrective action request to the LabVIEW developer in charge of this feature. The CAR ID is 4I0EE2BQ. This being said, I do not have an estimated date for when this problem will be fixed. You should check back periodically with our Applications Engineers.

Thank you

Michel Farhi-Chevillard
Localization Manager
National Instruments

Message 5 of 12
(12,932 Views)
Thanks Michel,

It's nice to see there's a Localization Manager! thumbs up!
I am pretty happy with the current state of localization. (this one came up because of another user's question)

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
My LabVIEW Ideas

Message 6 of 12
(12,911 Views)

Your welcome! I'm not very active on this forum, but I've been at NI for over 10 years, mostly focusing on localization during that time. And I will try my best to answer any question you may have regarding internationalization of LabVIEW or its localization.

-Michel

Message 7 of 12
(12,878 Views)
One additional note, I don't think the decimal sign should be returned by the %#u formatter anyway.

Ton
My LabVIEW Ideas

Message 8 of 12
(12,802 Views)
Hello Ton, you asked (in another thread) about adding this to the known issues list.  I looked into it, and it is still in our database and I'll add it to the list.  The comments from the developer are that the format strings that were normally applied to numerics were not being applied to timestamp controls (they are a bit different than numerics).  We are looking into applying those format strings to the timestamps. The issue should appear the next time the known issues document is updated.
Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(11,766 Views)

Hi, 

I've just validated CAR #45360 about this and the expectation is that the next major version of LabVIEW will have the fix.

Michel Farhi-Chevillard
Localization Manager
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(9,253 Views)