LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain to me what is going on here? Why do I have a broken VI?

Solved!
Go to solution

Here is Mr. Altenbach's code. small and nice.

GRCK5000_0-1679079987592.png

Now, I kind of tried to do the same thing, I haver a broken VI. How do you explain this? What am I missing? or what am I doing wrong? I have attached my code.

GRCK5000_1-1679080035142.png

Mr. Altenbach! I would like to hear from you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(905 Views)

Hi GRCK,

simple steps:

1. Run your VI to have the error dialog open.
  2. Read the error description!
  3. Double-click the entry in the error dialog to get to the place where the error occurs…

Additional comments:

• Use AutoCleanup before posting.
  • Read the help for the compare function…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(898 Views)

You have a broken wire.  Mouse over the broken wire and it should tell you why it is broken.  I know what's wrong right now, but I want you to be able to see it, too!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(877 Views)

Please, please attach "real VIs" -- it is much easier for us to examine a LabVIEW .vi file (especially if saved in, say, LabVIEW 2019 or earlier) than it is a tiny image of the Block Diagram.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I cannot easily "see" your VI, so I won't comment on it.

Message 4 of 8
(860 Views)

A conditional tunnel does not accept an array of booleans (obviously!).

So do a "AND array elements" or "OR array elements" depending of you want to keep the value if all are true or if at least one is true. Or any other boolean gymnastics as needed. 😄

Message 5 of 8
(849 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GRCK5000

Or you can just right-click the "equals" operator and select "Comparison mode" ► "Compare aggregates", which in this case is equivalent to using the "AND array elements" node, but easier to do.

Message 6 of 8
(840 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

Or you can just right-click the "equals" operator and select "Comparison mode" ► "Compare aggregates", which in this case is equivalent to using the "AND array elements" node, but easier to do.

Well, that's obviously what I did in the quoted code of the first message. 😄

(When quoting code from another thread, it would have been nice by the OP to include a link so we can look at the details and are all on the same page!)

We still need to be careful, for example if the search array input in my code has more than 3 elements, it will return false, even if the first three elements match perfectly.

Message 7 of 8
(824 Views)

Thanks Kyle97 for your simple and clear response. Problem solved and thanks everyone for inputs!!!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(759 Views)