From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Labview Query the Local Licenses or the Volume Licenses?

I would like my application to check that all my required runtime licenses are installed when the program first runs. Is this possible? Specifically, I have servers that use a Volume License for Vision Builder AI 2013 SP1. Ocassionally the servers are unlicensed and I would like my application to inform the User that this is the case.

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,828 Views)

You're going to need to access Reg keys in order to pull this information.

You can use the "Windows Registry Access VIs" palette to get at them. I would suggest browsing through regedit.exe to find the keys you care about and go from there using that palette.

Edit: Found this cool example. You need to change that first constant to reflect the license you want to check.

The key directory in the example uses "SOFTWARE\National Instruments\", but I found a lot more information on my computer at "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\". Just an FYI.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,751 Views)

James, Thanks. I can see there is a lot more information at "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\", particularly for Vision Builder. Oddly enough, one of my servers is not accepting a license from the Volume License server and yet the registry keys are filled in exactly the same as another server that is. So I can find no way to distinguish them. When I run Vision Builder on the server that is not showing licensed, it shows that it is running in the 30-day evaluation period. I searched the registry keys for a while between the two servers to see if I could find some way to distinguish them but I could not.

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,724 Views)
Eek, maybe someone else on here knows how to query a Boolean for whether or not a license is valid...

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,699 Views)