From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build installer undefined error -12 CDK_CreateNewWizard_Invoke.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

I search in the forum without solution for my error. I tried to build a installer with LabVIEW 2009 and I have each time the same undefined error -12. Here what I did :

- I made a very simple vi, build a application and installer, same error

- I downloaded LabVIEW 2010 evaluation version, same error.

- I uninstalled DAQmx, same error

- I uninstalled my antivirus, same error

- I installed LabVIEW 2010 evaluation version on an other PC, same error

I joined the window with LabVIEW 2010 error description.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,973 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yanl14

DON'T USE ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE SOFTWARE. It erased something you need to do a installer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,968 Views)

Hi Yan14,

I know this is a pretty old post but what do you mean by "advanced system care software"?  I am getting the same error when trying to build and installer.  I took some of the same steps (i.e. reinstalling LV and uninstalling my antivirus) but still get the error.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,740 Views)

No. I had this error message when I used a software to "optimize" the computer : clean register, erase duplicate dll, erase temp folders etc., in this case it was "Advanced System Care". I had to reinstall not just LabVIEW but Windows too.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,733 Views)
Wow... I was hoping it wasn't going to come to that. I think I'm just going to take the easy route and install LV on another computer and make the installer there. I too have some windows optimization software. I tried uninstalling that and was still having issues. Thanks for the reply.

-Eric
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,730 Views)