LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with probe window?

I was doing some debugging in LV 2012  (not SP1) and discovered this.  I have been able to duplicate it in 2011.  LV 2009 and LV 2010 do not show this problem.

1. Run the attached VI (saved as LV2009 so you can try in different versions.)

2. Place a probe on either the timestamp wire or the iteration terminal wire.  You will see the values update.

3. Right click on the data on the probe window and pick Open Window.  This creates a separate window and shows the data updating.

4. Move the newly opened probe window.  Now the separate probe window stops updating.  The value in the master probe window stops updating.  Also the bubble on the wire that shows the probe number disappears.  The front panel continues to update like it should.

In LV 2009 and 2010, the probe windows continue to update  In LV 2011 and 2012, they do not. 

I searched the forums and could not find anyone mentioning a probe bug like this.  Please verify the behavior and issue a CAR# if you agree it is a bug.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,560 Views)

Interesting!

Using LabVIEW 2012f3 I get normal, expected operation all features are fine.  Are you using a custom probe?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 9
(2,548 Views)

I'm using LV 2012f3 in Win XP.

When I get home, I'll try on my home PC.

It is not a custom probe.  It was just an ordinary probe by right clicking on the wire and picking Probe.  Or just hovering over the wire in run mode and clicking when the P cursor pops up.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,542 Views)

Working fine for me in both 2012f3 and 2011 SP1.  Windows 7 64-bit.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 9
(2,537 Views)

Sounds like something unpleasant happend to your probe watch window.  you might try a repair.  Did you by chance install 2010 after 2012?  I honestly don't know where NI hid that code it could be in "Shared."

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 9
(2,534 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Sounds like something unpleasant happend to your probe watch window.  you might try a repair.  Did you by chance install 2010 after 2012?  I honestly don't know where NI hid that code it could be in "Shared."

I'll try the repair sometime.  (Or I might just wait until my SP1 discs come in.)  I'm 99.9% sure I installed 2012 after 2010.  I've had this PC for about 3 years, and had installed 9 through 12 in order because I would just install the new version whenever I receive the discs.

Now I'm really curious to find if I have the same problem on my home PC.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,515 Views)

Hello!

This is just a reminder to discuss beta questions only within the appropriate private beta forum pages.

Thanks,

Lisa Ely

LabVIEW Beta Coordinator

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,504 Views)

@LisaEly wrote:

This is just a reminder to discuss beta questions only within the appropriate private beta forum pages.

For those who don't understand what this is doing here, it was my fault. I mentioned something about how the beta behaves when trying this.

Okay.  My home PC which only has LV 2011, and my travel laptop which has LV2012 both work as they should.  So I'll consider this some problem with the installation on my work PC since you guys and me are not able to duplicate it on any other machine.

What is very weird is that 2 different versions of LV on the work PC have the problem while the older 2 versions don't.  If it was just an issue with a bad installation, I wouldn't think 2 different versions would mess up the same way.

I'll try to shutdown and reboot some time to see if it is some sort of memory issue I'm dealing with.  I'll see if the problem goes away on the LV 2012 installation when I get my SSP discs with SP1 on them soon.

Thanks for all your help in trying to verify this for me with your PC's.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,469 Views)