From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken wire issue

Solved!
Go to solution

This is a very easy problem, but I'm a little confused.  I am trying to output from the Formula VI to a Indicator.  I get a broken wire error with the following text:

"You have connected two terminals of different types. The type of the source is 2-D array of double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]. The type of sink is double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]."

What type of indicator should I use?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Purdue17

Remove the broken wire (Ctrl+B).

Right click on the formula node output and select Create Indicator.

Felix

Message 2 of 8
(3,254 Views)

@Purdue17 wrote:

"You have connected two terminals of different types. The type of the source is 2-D array of double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]. The type of sink is double [64-bit real (~15 digit precision)]."

Read the sentence.  The source is a 2D array or double.  The sink (which is the indicator in this case) is double (the word double refers to a double precision number, or DBL).  It is not a 2D array.  Your indicator needs to be a 2D array of DBL.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 3 of 8
(3,246 Views)

@Purdue17 wrote:

Thanks!

You know I had that problem once upon a time too!  It seams like no matter how hard you look through the numeric controls palatte you can't find an array! 

but if you search the array & cluster section you CAN drop an empty array object then drop the desired element type into the hole in the middle of the array.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 8
(3,233 Views)

Purdue17 wrote:

There are many different flavors of indicators that can display 2D arrays. Using Felix's instructions, you get a plain 2D array.

Another possibilities would be a waveform graph or intensity graph. Pick whatever is most appropriate for the job. 😉

Message 5 of 8
(3,218 Views)

When you drop an array, it's 1D by default. You can right-click and select 'add dimension'.

Felix

Message 6 of 8
(3,189 Views)

Sorry to disturb this topic but the true is I can't create a new topic and I have the same.

I am doing some tutorials fo the Labview 2009 and I find myself stuck in the following problem. My wire breaks after the loop and I can't find the reason.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,829 Views)

Did you try the "New Message" button on the forum page for LabVIEW?

You have an auto-indexing tunnel thus creating a 1-D array of references.  Right click on it and disable auto-indexing.

Keep working through the tutorials because I'm sure tunnels are covered in there somewhere.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,820 Views)