Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to print source code and relationships

I am the IT director for a medical technology company - we use Labview for our proprietary software.

We have need to print all of our VIs, source code/block diagrams and the relationships between the modules. I know how to do this and the options which are available (for complete documentation, using as a sub vi, etc).

I have found that printing to PDF is great for an electronic copy as everything can be zoomed in on and read; but I need paper printouts as well.  When printing from windows onto paper many of the diagrams are printed so small it is hard to read notations, etc.but my question is as follows:

I am wondering how other people/companies have tackled this when there is a need to document everything within labview on paper?  Ideally we could end up with a book which has enlarged sections and could relate one page to another with metadata (sort of like those guide book maps - EG on the edges of the pages other pages are referenced for a continuation of the view). 

I am open to other suggestions though. I guess I am wondering if there is a better way because the way I am considering doing this will be quite time consuming.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,605 Views)
You could try printing to HTML. That will not scale images if that's your main concern.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,590 Views)
When I was in the Air Force tech orders (manuals) typically had drawings that were too large to fit on a single page. The way they handled it was to have pages that folded out. Obviously you couldn't print these pages on a standard printer, but you could show diagrams without a lot of rescaling.

Of course no printing scheme will work if the code is written badly (i.e. in adequate modularization, using sequence structures, wires running every which way, bad layout, etc.).

Mike...

Message Edited by mikeporter on 07-13-2007 08:07 PM

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,579 Views)
Thank you both for the insights. I appreciate your taking the time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,549 Views)