LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Timeout Newbie Question

Solved!
Go to solution

So it just braodcasts the data?  I would try something like adding a serial poll to make sure the bits are there.  Also note the initialization of the shift register.

Message 11 of 18
(813 Views)
lol, I have labview 8.5, do you mind saving it in a lower version? thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DoomPirate
Message 13 of 18
(807 Views)
Basically, I am performing 300 read attempts from the device. Outputing a blank string if nothing was found, and outputting valid data if the read was sucessful.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(807 Views)
I think Im sort of on the right track using your method. I'm gonna tackle it again in the morning. 
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(799 Views)
Is there any reason behind 300 reads?  Or do you want to just read until you get a valid answer?
Message 16 of 18
(778 Views)

We've given up on this particular temperature probe. Its very unreliable. Instead we are gonna use a Fluke GPIB multimeter and use some analog circuitry/labview to make a .01 degree accurate thermometer. Thanks for all the help jack.     

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(767 Views)

I havent looked at the problem in much detail but would it be possible to get a GPIB driver for the piece of equipment that you use. They would have pre-built VIs which would have error handling and it may work.

It would just stop you from sweating around looking for a problem in your code...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(736 Views)