LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad measurements on the NI-USB 6210

Hi,

I was reading temperatures with the VI attached below and it was working but suddenly the measurements started to fluctuate very hard, going from 20 degrees to -8 to 0 and sometimes back to 20. What could be happening?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(857 Views)

The issue could be coming from the temperature sensor or the environment. Have you tried connecting your sensor to a scope or multimeter?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(822 Views)

Need more detail on external wiring, components etc., to guess what could be wrong. It is rarely a case of a faulty DAQ. One way to rule out an issue with DAQ, connect the Analog Input to GND, run your program, now you should not see any spikes, the measurement should be around 0V with noise. If you cannot reproduce the sudden fluctuation when the analog input is connected to GND, the issue is external to your DAQ and program.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(815 Views)

Hi

The image that I attached is what I get from measuring a constant DC voltage of 5.41. 

Santhosh, I have to connect the AI- to the AIGND, right? And to the AI+?

Thanks

1676377470343.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(808 Views)

connect both AI+ and AI- to AIGND

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(792 Views)

I did it and I get a value of -0.009 volts so I guess that the analog inputs are working

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(763 Views)