LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to get a pre-developed VI to run

I am attempting to get a pre-developed VI up and running.  The developer of the VI has given access to the VI via the source code, yet when installing the VI I keep running into a few errors that seem to be more system based, and was looking for some help on getting them straightened out.

The errors that I get when first running the Main VI and downloading the other Sub-VIs within the main VI are the following:

Utility-Graph File I-O.vi:  "The File Dialog Function no longer supports the datalog type input"
Keyfile I-O.vi:  "The File Dialog Function no longer supports the datalog type input"

When I go to run the Main VI it won't take the backdoor keycode installed for the Main VI's encrypted activation, and gives the message:

(1) Missing or corrupt file:  C:\Documents and Settings\jon\Desktop\Labview\Config\keyfile.dlg
(2) Missing or corrupt configuration:  C:\Documents and Settings\jon\Desktop\Labview\"Main VI's name.ini"

I went ahead and stripped the Encryption Activation program from the Main VI, and still the (1) & (2) messages appeared.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,446 Views)

What LV version was the VI originally developed in and what version are you using now?

Look at this thread How Do I Convert LV7.1 Datalog Files to LV8 Format?

Something about datalog files changed LV versions.  Maybe the info in here is related to your issue.

Message 2 of 3
(2,420 Views)
thanks Raven... I'll give it a shot in re-developing some of the datalog files from 7.1.

though still stumped here on why the .ini file isn't already built into the pre-existing main VI that calls all of the sub-vis. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,380 Views)