LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder in LabVIEW 5.1.1 gives error 1, where is the explanation?

My source code runs fine (and Draw Arc.vi does its job) but when I try to build the Application I get an error:

"Error 1 occured at Draw Arc.vi:\." 

Draw Arc.vi is in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW\VI.LIB\PICTURE\picture.llb

What is error 1? I could not find the Application Builder error codes explained anywhere.

Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you!

P.S. The VI settings for Draw Arc.vi are: Remove Debugging: yes, Remove Diagram: yes, Remove Panel: no.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,369 Views)
Hi Martin,

Error 1 generally means an invalid input parameter. I am not sure why you would be getting it when you build the program and not when you run it. You would need to troubleshoot this some more. What sort of inputs are you sending in to the VI? Also, what happens when you create and build an entirely NEW VI with just the Draw Arc VI in it? Also, is there is a reason you are still using LabVIEW 5.1.1? I would highly encourage you to upgrade to LabVIEW 8.2.1, so we can provide better support to you.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,355 Views)
Thank you,
building a small test app with that vi sounds like a good idea. I am still surprised I could not find a list of error codes with expanations.
The reason this is still LV 5.1.1 is that the code is no longer actively developed. It has about a thousand vi's and I am afraid upgrading LabView would be a major undertaking. However, occasionally I need to fix a bug or change some minor feature.
BTW, somebody lese recommended to do a mass compile. I will try that  too.

Martin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,342 Views)