From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm notification in DSC

Hi All, 

I have a long list of shared vars and I want to select only the shared vars with active alarm notification. Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,036 Views)

Hello Poema,

Can you explain a bit more about what you mean with the "select" part?

Where are you currently stuck?

Programmatically you can for sure determine which ones have alarm notifications and which ones don't.
 (see attachment)

Please don't mind the undocumented code.

I just wanted to show you quickly how you could check this.

The attached Code is provided As Is.  It has not been tested or validated as a product, for use in a deployed application or system, or for use in hazardous environments.  You assume all risks for use of the Code and use of the Code is subject to the Sample Code License Terms which can be found at: http://ni.com/samplecodelicense

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,007 Views)

Hi ThiCop,

Thanks for your reaction. Please send the example code in LV 2011.

I enabled notification for a big list of shared vars.

In the program the user can select one of them and disable notification for this one.

For the moment I have to keep track of the disabled vars.

Is there a property (or something else) of the shared vars that gives me the this information (notification on or off)

thanks,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,995 Views)

Hello Poema,

To do that you can just use a simple property node and wire it to the reference:

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,988 Views)

Hi,

That is something else, as you can see on the pictures.

Array 3 is after all notifications are activated   and array 4 is after all notifications are cleared. (the result is identical)

thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,981 Views)

Hello poema,

I tested it (multiple times) and it did do what I described.

It showed the current status (enabled or disabled).

So it should also work at your side.

Can you share your code with me?

How do you currently clear the notifications?

Do you do this manually or programmatically?

If you do it manually, do you then redeploy your library?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,969 Views)

Hi,

Thanks again for the effort.

Attached you will find an example. It is a standard labview example with some modifications.

Starting the program with the notifications on or off does not change anything in the arrays.

In my program I use the same alarm vi's as in the example

greetings

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,961 Views)

Hello Poema,

I think there might be a confusion between 2 different concepts:

- At one side you have your user event notifications (for your specified alarms)

- At the other side you have your actual alarms

Are you familiar with user events and event structures?

What you are doing in your code is disabling the notifications. (the communication between the alarms and the event structure)

However, you are not disabling the actual alarms. These will still occur, but will not be communicated to your event structure

For that you should use the property node and write to the "Alarming.AlarmsEnabled" property.

Can you follow this explanation?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,950 Views)

Hi,

That's exactly what I meant with 'It is something else', so I can return to the original question.

"Is there a property (or something else) of the shared vars that gives me this information (notification on or off)"

"I want to select (or create a list) only the shared vars with active alarm notification. "

The purpose is to known the vars wherefrom I can expect a reaction via the event case and on the other hand to known the vars that are active but do not have a notification via the event case.

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,940 Views)

Hello Poema,

- To read a property you should read from the property node as in the picture above.

This will allow you to see the current setting

- To change the logging settings you have to write to the property node.
This will allow you to change the current setting.

Have you tried this already?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,931 Views)