LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVI Video

Hello everyone,

I am studying on creating a video from a number of images and I use IMAQ low level grab functions (IMAQ dx functions).I have not direct AVI functions because of my Labview version but I have AVI 2 functions .  I can grab images  and then I want to create a video on user interface by pressing  a button . When I tried to create AVI video using AVI2 functions, I can obtain one frame in video. This is not actually desired. I want to create more than one frame in AVI 2 video.

Have you ever another suggestion to create video without using  AVI2 functions?

Please ,take photo of your suggestion and share with me under this post.

Thank you so much ...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,361 Views)

Hi.

I don't know what doesn't work as the function seems pretty straight forward.

Here an exemple of an avi creation (with random image in it).Avi_create.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,336 Views)

You are a New Member, and this is your first post.  This is a community, one especially for discussing LabVIEW and getting help and suggestions.  One thing that is always useful if your code does not work is to attach your VI so we can look at it, see what you did, and show you how to make it work (and sometimes explain some points you might not have understood).

Please post the VI that doesn't work.  The LabVIEW Vision Modules are a little bit complicated and under-documented, but we can often "fill in the blanks" and help you understand how to use them.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,322 Views)

Okay, thank you,I solved my problem. I can put many images into a AVI video.

I have another problem here:

I have 16 bit grayscale uncompressed video by grabbing with IMAQ functions(in while loop).This is parallel loop with AVI video structure(in while loop) and I must to use 8 bit grayscale uncompressed video for AVI Video(because of AVI works only U8 or RGB ). I control all the system (these two structures) with same camera and in same case structure,but, I obtained an escape in buffer number. How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,254 Views)

@prettywoman wrote:

Okay, thank you,I solved my problem. I can put many images into a AVI video.

I have another problem here:

I have 16 bit grayscale uncompressed video by grabbing with IMAQ functions(in while loop).This is parallel loop with AVI video structure(in while loop) and I must to use 8 bit grayscale uncompressed video for AVI Video(because of AVI works only U8 or RGB ). I control all the system (these two structures) with same camera and in same case structure,but, I obtained an escape in buffer number. How can I fix it?

Where's your VI ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,252 Views)