Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM-TTi PL-P driver 64-bit

Hello,

I'm using LabVIEW 32-bit for a long time. I wanted to switch over to 64-bit. Issue that I have today is the driver compatibility with the 64-bit system.

We are working with AIM-TTi PL601-P, PL303-QMP and PL155-P as external supplies so supply our HW that we use.

These are connected over TCP-IP with a fixed IP address. We just need to set them at the beginning of our measurement and switch them off afterwards.

The 32-bit driver is using PLP_32.DLL (IVI driver). This is incompatible with 64-bit system.

Does anyone uses these supplies as well but then with a 64-bit LV version?

Thanks

Wouter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(285 Views)

The IVI driver is for what you are doing with them way overkill. These devices simply use IEEE 488.2 compatible command syntax and SCPI structured commands.

As such they are very trivial to control directly through VISA too. Unfortunately for you Thurlby Thandar seems to have chosen the easy way and only submit LabWindows/CVI IVI drivers to the instrument drivers network.

But using a manual like this: https://resources.aimtti.com/manuals/New_PL+PL-P_Series_Instruction_Manual-Iss18.pdf, you could relatively simply write a minimal driver all in LabVIEW, that lets you do the relevant control actions that you need. I would use a similar LabVIEW Plug & Play based driver for another Power Supply as a starting point. https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/21/developing-labview-plug-and-play-instrum... is a fairly good introduction in how to write a real LabVIEW instrument driver. And you don't have to go all the way, simply implement the functions you need.

The alternative is to recompile the IVI driver source code in a recent LabWindows/CVI installation. But if you don't have that already installed on your system and know how to use it I can not recommend you to start doing that now. NI has semi-officially discontinued LabWindows/CVI 3 years ago.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(263 Views)