From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 Hz noise ECG filtering using FFT and its inverse in LabVIEW

I have to write a LabVIEW Program to put the 50 HZ noise in the ECG spectrum using the FFT and then with the Inverse of the FFT I must take it out,but without using any filter.so if anybody can help me with that, I will be thankful.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,773 Views)
Your explanation was not very clear. Are you trying to add noise to a signal, remove the noise, or both. Please explain in more detail what you are trying to do.
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,764 Views)
I have a normal EGG signal,and its Spectrum. Then I add the 50 Hz noise.In the Spectrum I will get this long peak at the x-axis at 50Hz.So,what I'm trying to do with LabVIEW, is to get out this noise without using a filter,but with the FFT and of course with its inverse to reconstruct the signal.
(the EGG signal is created at first with a simulator and not with human body, the signal is going through the "line-in" of the soundcard in the computer)

I hope you understand a little bit what I mean, I will attach what I did in the program till now,maybe you can understand it better.

Thank you

Message Edited by b_rani on 05-18-2005 01:46 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,754 Views)
What you would do is after applying the FFT multiply by a window that zeros out everything above a set frequency (in this case 40 Hz) and then do an inverse FFT. This will remove the noise.

See the attached file. The data I have loaded into the top graph has some 60 Hz noise on it that I filter out.

Don't forget, you are still filtering. Filtering is a convolution in the time domain and multiplication in the frequency domain.
Randall Pursley
Message 4 of 4
(4,741 Views)