From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5-PAM modulation and demodulation

Hi, im new with this Labview programming, but i have to learn this in the university. My problem is I got a exersice where i have to simulate the ethernet coding and decoding with this. Need speed control (slow and fast too) (I think its maybe a parameter to some of the PAM modulation input), and an input array maybe to change the binary number bits . The coder makes the number coded version using a random numbers and display the spectrum of this. The decoder is using the output of the coder and  decode constantly and display the spectrum of it. I know i didnt get the solution but i try to understand it. I using this for about 1 month but, and have to Modulation Toolkit v16. 

My idea is i generate a PAM-5 signal than using PAM-modulation i put the binary input in it, than i set somewhere the speed, and display the spectrum of it. But I know that I need more operators and some more complex solution, but 1 week for this isn't big enough to understand what i need for this. 

I hope someone can help me to get this project done, and not start again the course 1 year later 🙂

Cheers, Triplaa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,664 Views)

Update: I find a solution for 2-PAM modulation, but as i chage the 2 to 4 the eye diagram becomes useless. Also I noticed that I can't put parameter 5 in there, cause it isn't match with 2^M. Has anyone some idea to modulate 5-PAM?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,616 Views)