LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d scene 3d object

Hi all,

I have this problem: I'm creating a functional global variable that creates a 3d scene with x,y,z axes, then updates it adding 110 little 3d spheres. My problem is that when I create the scene with axes the result is a scene node refnum, and so I cannot add to this scene the spheres, because their property is scene object refnum. How could I manage it?

Here's the vi. The main is called Main Test.vi

Thank you!

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,647 Views)

Are you sure your code isn't casting to a SceneNode somewhere.  I thought it should be a SceneObject type.... Check the terminal on your global.....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,638 Views)
Pay Attention to your SubVI's: SceneObject is coerced to SceneNode refnum when wired to 3D Picture
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,633 Views)

Like, for example?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,632 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,627 Views)

Yes, sure, but I have to produce a 3d picture, not a scene object! How can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,623 Views)

They've answered your question. You already know how to produce a 3D picture from a sceneobject (you're following the 3D solar system example vi that ships with LV, right?)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,606 Views)

No, I'm not following that example.

I don't know how to solve the coercitions...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,599 Views)

Instead of having a 3D picture as a terminal on your sub-VI right-click the wire from the axis and select "Create Indocator".  then delete the 3D picture on your sub-VI and use the newly-created control instead.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,593 Views)

Ok, but it creates a scene object, not a 3d picture... ok, I could use only scene objects, but then I have to "convert" them into a 3d picture, and I don't know how to do this..! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,590 Views)