LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steering problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I got some strange issue running steering node. I've tried example patch and it just runs for 6 second without moving motors.

wtf.png

I double checked wiring and encoder feedback (encoder readings are ok when I move motors on B&C by hand).

I use midnstorm with fw 1.31 and LV2014.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,170 Views)

Are you seeing the same behavior whether you target to the Computer or target to the NXT?

It could be that is just a bad example. Those Vis are deprecated. Try replacing with the Steering VI from the Motors palette. It looks the same, but has a different Motors terminal that accepts a Motor constant.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,167 Views)

Thanks Garrett, but I used Steering Vi from Motors palette already. Can't find other Steering Vi though.

I need to run it on NXT standalone. Target to computer works as expected, but when i deploy to NXT motors are not moving.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,153 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,151 Views)

Sorry, Garrett, not sure that I understand you..

That's what I'm trying to use:

1.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,145 Views)
Solution
Accepted by tnz

Double click the steering on VI and change the order of inputs to the NXTOutputMulti property node so that PortList is first, like shown. 

port list.PNG

Sorry, this was fixed when the steering VI was replaced in LabVIEW 2014 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,135 Views)

Thanks Garrett,

I did like you said, but notice strange behavior. When I use all three motors and try to steer B&C, motor A start rotating too. In test patch (on the screenshot) everything fine. Since I use port A in a different parts of my program I start getting troubles.

Mb you can shere proper steering on VI?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,127 Views)

You said everything is fine for the code you posted? I tested it out and it appears to work for me without moving motor A. Maybe another part of your code is moving motor A.

I don't think the updated VI will be any different, and unfortunately it isn't easy to share since it has a lot of dependencies that did not exist in LV 2014

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,123 Views)