cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nxt Bluetooth connection using Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,
I'm trying to do a programm using Labview for a student project, but I can't connect to the brick EV3...

With de "Lego Mindstorms EV3" soft, I'm able to connect to the brick in bluetooth without any problem, but using Labview I can't.
Even in the NXT Terminal...

In the brick, the bluetooth is ON, visibility is ON also, the EV3 is able to find my PC, then it asks a code (1234) also on my PC, then it says "connected"
But the NXT Terminal doesn't show any informations about the brick... I'm not able to connect to the brick, it always says "Error communicating with NXT device." Same issue if I try to connect to the brick from the PC

I have tryied:
- 2 different laptops (Windows 10)
- LabView 2011, and LabView 2013
- 2 different bricks (with the latest firmware)
But I have always the same problem, LabView won't connect to the EV3 Brick...

First, I have thought that my programs were bad, then I saw even using NXT Terminal I couldn't connect ...

Can anybody help me? 😕

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,818 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author artlabview

EV3 was not supported in LabVIEW 2011. Versions of the LabVIEW Module for LEGO MINDSTORMS that support EV3 will have titles like "Find NXT/EV3" and will generally replace the term "NXT" with "NXT/EV3" in all instances.

Please try using LabVIEW 2013 and the appropriate version of LMLM from here: http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EVALTLKTLVLEGOMIND/US.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,774 Views)

Thank you ! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,753 Views)

Don't know if you are still active on this site. I have been trying to get nxt drivers for Labview 11. Sounds like you might have these. I have been unable to connect with ni's new master emerson

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(373 Views)