LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 2016 Module for LEGO® MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW 2017

Hi All,

As far as I know, the LabVIEW 2017 Module for LEGO® MINDSTORMS is not available yet.

I was wondering if the LabVIEW 2016 Module for LEGO® MINDSTORMS works under LabVIEW 2017.

Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,282 Views)

Hi knoerifast,

As you mention the LabVIEW 2016 Module for LEGO® MINDSTORMS is the latest release and there are no current plans for a LabVIEW 2017 Module for LEGO® MINDSTORMS. 

There is unfortunately no way to use the LabVIEW Module for LEGO MINDSTORMS 2016 with LabVIEW 2017 so our recommendation would be to downgrade to LabVIEW 2016. 

I'm sorry this is unlikely to be the reply you were after - but I hope this helps answer your questions.

Kind regards, 

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,244 Views)

I have to give a Course and my device is Lego Mindstorm, now the complete Computercluster is installed in Labview 2017 and I can not teach.

Is there a possibility to install the labview 2016 module on labview 2017. If not I have a large Problem! What will be in Future? Is NI not supporting Lego Mindstorm any more?

Best Marcel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,959 Views)

Same here !

We can't downgrade our computer park.

Is it possible to have a beta version on the 2017 module ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,906 Views)

Hello LPS_JSanchez and mk@FHI!

You don't need to downgrade, having an installation of 2016 in parallel to 2017 would be sufficient. Is that maybe a solution for you until Mindstorms 2017 is released?

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,891 Views)

Hello,

I would also like to add my concerns to those of the other contributors. I use the LEGO module, among others, for lecturing and my engineering department has just postponed upgrading to LV 2017 as a direct consequence of this issue.

Thank you to the other contributors for highlighting this issue, as it has saved my support staff here a lot of effort...

I too would like to know if there will be future versions of the LEGO module as this will have large implications for the course in question and the materials I resource it with...

Regards,

Donal O'Donovan

Message 6 of 7
(7,512 Views)

Dear All,

is the a plan for developing LabVIEW 2016 Module for LEGO® MINDSTORMS futher?

What is the problem to convert the drivers and VIs?

Best

Hepman

Message 7 of 7
(6,664 Views)