From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEGO EV3 and OPC Server

Hi all! How could I connect EV3 brick to OPC Server? Is it possible to send variables from sensors to OPC and control via SCADA?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,913 Views)

Hello,

I believe the Lego EV3 should be controled by LabVIEW using the NI LabVIEW Module for LEGO® MINDSTORMS®

As LabVIEW can also connect to any PLC using OPC server, you will then be able to exchange the data between your PLCs (or your SCADA) and your LEGO, as long as the LabVIEW application is running.

>> Connect LabVIEW to Any PLC Using OPC

>> Connecting to the LabVIEW OPC Server from Third-Party OPC Clients

Have a nice day,

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,873 Views)

Thanks for links, but I've already read it. There is a problem with Labview: when i try to connect to EV3 brick, i press "Scan" button, LabView find my brick then i press "Connect" and nothing happens. No errors, just Brick's status "Unavailable". No matter of type of connection (WiFi, Bluetooth or USB connection). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,865 Views)

Hello,

You do realize that this is a complete different issue than the one you open this forum for?

It is important for the other users that may find you forum thread helpful, that you post your messages in a forum related to a subject. If your issue is that you cannot connect your Lego to LabVIEW, you should open a new forum for that.

Thanks

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,854 Views)

This forum thread is LabView for LEGO Mindstorms. I have problem with LabView and LEGO

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,848 Views)

This was your question : "Hi all! How could I connect EV3 brick to OPC Server? Is it possible to send variables from sensors to OPC and control via SCADA?"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,846 Views)

Yes, it was. And I have problem with connection. I don't have experience in LabView, and if i posted in wrong thread, i'm sorry, but could you tell me where should i ask for help?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,843 Views)

Please re-create a new message in the LabVIEW for Lego MINDSTORMS forum thread but this time explain that you are having troubles connecting your mindstorm to LabVIEW. Explain what steps you have taken, and where you fail to succeed. This way you shall have much more answers.

have a nice day

M-junior

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,841 Views)