LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the TETRIX move motor VI's back?

Solved!
Go to solution

I purchased LabVIEW 2009 Education Edition a while back to use with TETRIX for my class. I have since installed LabVIEW 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015 for the FRC teams I have mentored. I recently wanted to program my TETRIX kit again (using NXT), but the VI's I need to control the motors are missing (see attached screen shot). When I attempt to install just the NXT Module from the original 2009 install DVD, I get the following error:

NI LabVIEW 2009 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT Module

Could Not Install
LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT x64 Driver (higher version already installed)
NI LabVIEW 2009 LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Module (higher version already installed)

I am hesitant to uninstall all other versions of LabVIEW because of the team code. Any suggestions for how I can control my TETRIX components again? Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author izetetic

Hi izetetic,

I am not sure why VIs went missing from your NXT Module. Can you uninstall only the NXT Module and then reinstall?

If that doesn't work, you can use a newer version of the NXT Module, now called the MINDSTORMS Module, for a more recent version of LabVIEW: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-nxt-module-2015/5418/en/ . Since you already have LabVIEW installed, this comes for free.

In versions 2010 and beyond, you have to configure the TETRIX Motors using the Schematic Editor, and then use the I/O>>Motors palette to program the motors.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,133 Views)

Woohoo! Yes, I was able to uninstall only the NXT Module and then reinstall. Didn't think of that. Got my move motor blocks back. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,117 Views)