From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS and LabVIEW for Education

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Enter Bluetooth Passkey

The 2.0 Toolkit works great, exept I can't use the toolkit wirelessly.  Everything works fine with USB, both downloading programs and the Direct Commands.

I'm using a. . .
-Lenovo Laptop
-32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium
-"ThinkPad Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate" and "Microsoft Blutooth Enumerator"
-LabVIEW 8.5 with "LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT 2.0"
-NXT with firmware version 1.26

When I launch the "NXT Terminal" and click "Find NXT" and then "Scan" it quickly locates my NXT, lists the correct name, connection type as "Bluetooth", and status as "Available".

When I click Connect it prompts me for the passkey on the computer, I keep the default "1234" and click okay.  After a couple minutes of waiting, during which the NXT screen never changes, the following dialog box appears:

Problem:
NXT Bluetooth passkey confirmation failed.

Suggestions:
- Retry the current operation.

- Enter the Passkey on the NXT device.

- Ensure the Passkey entered on the NXT device is correct.

I retried several times.  Then I tried adding the NXT to the windows bluetooth devices and it was able to pair with windows just fine, I was prompted to enter the passkey on the NXT, but when I returned to the NXT terminal I still had the same result, the NXT never asked me for a passkey.

I also had no luck using the direct commands with bluetooth, it just waits a while and then the message pops up saying "Error: Could not connect to: [NXT Name]"

Does anyone have some suggestions?  Is there any other information I can give the might help?  Thank you so much, I'd love to get this working!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(14,776 Views)

Maybe you should try to connect to the computer from the NXT first. I know there's a bluetooth menu on the NXT. Maybe the password got changed too. Maybe look at the NXT-G instructions for connecting with bluetooth and that will give you some tips.

Other than that, I don't have much experience with Bluetooth, so sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(14,738 Views)
I had the same problem and i resolve it installing the 1.25 firmware, look inside the directory where is installing the toolkit 2.0 for a folder named firmware. update the firmware of your lego with that file
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(14,710 Views)

I can connect the NXT bluetooth link to the computer first, but that makes it worse, then I can't locate it at all.

I navigated to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.5\vi.lib\addons\NXTToolkit\Firmware, but the only firmware file was "LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Firmware V1.26.rfw", which is what I currently am using.  Does anyone know where I can get the 1.25 firmware that Zotz mentioned?  Could someone attach the file to their post?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(14,654 Views)
Srry the firmware is the 1.26 not 1.25. you can update it with labview
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(14,643 Views)

exact same problem here

bluetoothconnection some time asks for a passkey some times not.  I'm using vista, with dell 370 Bluetooth,  on my vostro it works semi fine on a latitude e6500 I can scan for the nxt but not connect using the connect button.  Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

pieter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(13,788 Views)

Can you show the detail steps or give a link?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,014 Views)