LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inline Node

This plugin allows to insert node into existing wire or wires. Works similarly to one of the quick drop shortcuts, but it has some more features.

Some key functionalities:

• Inline node into single or multiple wire with a node alignment selection.
    basic.gif
  • It can handle dynamic dispatch and polymorphic terminals
    poly.gif
  • It can inline not only subVIs but anything what inherits from Node class, e.g. structures
    struct.gif

The plugin is little buggy (e.g. in some cases it brakes undo sequence) and does not behave always perfectly (e.g. on branched wires), but with a bit of experience and knowledge where not to use it, I find if very useful. Hopefully someone will take this idea and create something more robust.

Comments
wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

Looks interesting.

'Inline' doesn't work for me though. That has other meanings already.

Something like "insert into wire" or "wire though" or something maybe?

Zyga
on

I did not pay much attention to the naming actually. I am not a native and not event with skilled English so it is very likely that inline is not the best choice.

Petru_Tarabuta
on
Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

Very cool plugin, thanks for sharing.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

I'm finding that I'd like the created wires to be cleaned up after the insert. I modified my copy of the plugin to do that:

wire.png

P.S. - None of the Close Reference functions in your code are needed. You never need to close references that inherit from GObject.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

Another area for improvement (sorry I don't have time to do it myself right now) would be to always do the insert if the node only has a single input and a single output, regardless of whether the types match. That would support situations like this, where my node has a void terminal, but the insert would still be fine (since the insert would define the type of the void terminal):

insert.png

Contributors