LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_L

Configure Event Case with Scripting

Available in LabVIEW 2013

Currently with LabVIEW Scripting you can very easily create an event structure and add new event cases to the event structure.    Unfortunately, for some reason, you cannot programmatically configure the event case after it's created.  I think there should be some way, via property nodes, invoke nodes etc, to accomplish this.

idea.png

PS..  I would love to be wrong about this.  If you know of how to do that, feel free to argue it in the comments and we'll get this closed as completed 😄

16 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot

In my opinion this is one of the biggest holes in scripting.  Many G-based scripting frameworks (Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcuts, JKI RCF, etc.) would greatly benefit from the implementation of this feature.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I wasn't going to Kudos this myself because I've never needed to do this kind of scripting, but when Darren tells me that Quick Drop can be improved *even more* by the addition of a feature, it gets my vote.

David_L
Active Participant

That's actually how it came up.  I was trying to create a Quick Drop Shortcut that would create and populate an event structure with Value change events for every control on the front panel.  Too bad that project will have to be tabled for a while 😞

LiaL

Hope this can be fixed and can be used as case frame.

J.C._Flores

I'm HUGELY in favor of adding new features to the Event Structure VI scripting capabilities. I was specifically looking for a way to read a list of Events Cases given a target event structure using VI Scripting property nodes. Until this is available, I'll have to figure out what my Plan B will be.

-----
Juan Carlos Flores
ArchonWest Technologies, Inc.
http://www.archonwest.com
Florian.Ludwig
Active Participant

This would let me combine several event structures in an inherited vi into one event structure!

I would love this.

gsussman
Active Participant

This idea needs to percolate back to the top of the IE pile. We are 2 1/2 years past the original posting and yet we don't have any further progress.

I have had a number of instances where being able to programmatically modify the events of an event structure would have been a massive time saver.

MaryH
Status changed to: In Beta

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed
Available in LabVIEW 2013
parthabe
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Darren,

I'm seeing that this idea has been closed as Completed & Available in LabVIEW 2013, but I'm still not getting any property/method for the Frame Reference (Add/Duplicate) of the ES in LV 2014. It still points to the Diagram. Could you clarify us what was fixed as part of this idea?

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )