Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW Channel Wires

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaitIfNeeded suggestion

I don't know how active this forum is, so if there's no response I'll try in the general LabVIEW forum.

I was having some issues with using a Stream channel at high speed, and although I realised I should code differently to eliminate the problem, I noticed that _ChannelSupport.lvlib:WaitIfNeeded.vi is slower than I thought it should be.  My suggestion is that when the timeout is 0ms, then the occurence checks are not run at all, but the routine immediately returns with "timed out" set as TRUE. This turns the vi into a noop which seems reasonable in this case.  I'm working in LV2018 and am not in the beta for LV2019, so things may have already changed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,455 Views)

Not sure what the problem is.  Did you try the High Speed Stream?  [I've been running at "modest" data rates, a few kHz, and not had problems with "ordinary" Streams].

If you are coming to NIWeek 2019, I'll be giving a talk, "Using and Abusing Channel Wires", so there should be a number of "Channel" enthusiasts in the room.  This Forum was very active when Channel Wires were being developed, but (as you noted) has fallen off in the last year or so.

Feel free to send me a Private Message if you have further questions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,318 Views)