Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpiB .net control to third party scada program

Hi all,

Maybe I'm being a complete idiot on this but I've been searching for several days/weeks on getting a Yokogawa WT1600 to connect to Indusoft just to monitor values on one screen instead of having the operator write it down on paper as he does currently.

I read that I can use .net controls to pull data through the gpib-usb-hs+ but have not seen/understood how. 

As Indusoft is capable of using .net controls, this would be advantagous news but I haven't been able to figure out how to integrate this capability into 

already in use software. 

Is there any information that will help with integrating this functionality into this third party software?

I have already bought and designed the licenses for Indusoft and the company is not willing to buy different software so there is no option to using labview or other NI supplied software to do this.

Thank you all in advance for any help in this and I am contacting Indusoft's support group with the same questions so I'm already ahead of the 'talk to the other guys' bit that I keep getting when working on this.

Again, thank you for any help as this has been a serious thorn in my project for too long a time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,636 Views)

@Park15 wrote:

Hi all,

Maybe I'm being a complete idiot on this but I've been searching for several days/weeks on getting a Yokogawa WT1600 to connect to Indusoft just to monitor values on one screen instead of having the operator write it down on paper as he does currently.

I read that I can use .net controls to pull data through the gpib-usb-hs+ but have not seen/understood how. 

As Indusoft is capable of using .net controls, this would be advantagous news but I haven't been able to figure out how to integrate this capability into 

already in use software. 

Is there any information that will help with integrating this functionality into this third party software?

I have already bought and designed the licenses for Indusoft and the company is not willing to buy different software so there is no option to using labview or other NI supplied software to do this.

Thank you all in advance for any help in this and I am contacting Indusoft's support group with the same questions so I'm already ahead of the 'talk to the other guys' bit that I keep getting when working on this.

Again, thank you for any help as this has been a serious thorn in my project for too long a time.

Other than that you are using the NI GPIB-USB-HS+, I don't see how this question belongs on the NI message board. 

Never heard of Indusoft. 

There is a free version of VB.NET on Microsoft's website.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,617 Views)

I refered to Indusoft just as additional information. I was hoping to find more information from the NI community on the .net functionality as it pertains to third party applications. The reason for this is because I've only seen guides and information for NI specific programs. 

And I already pointed out that I am aware that a large portion of this was not right for an NI board and that I am also talking with the other providers but was hoping to have at least someone on this side guide me on using the .net controls as I was not understanding their usage beyond examples in the NI software which is not applicable in my case. 

I was just hoping that someone here could guide me as far as the stated question of using the .net functionality on third party software. 

Sorry to have asked an inappropriate question.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,611 Views)

@Park15 wrote:

I refered to Indusoft just as additional information. I was hoping to find more information from the NI community on the .net functionality as it pertains to third party applications. The reason for this is because I've only seen guides and information for NI specific programs. 

And I already pointed out that I am aware that a large portion of this was not right for an NI board and that I am also talking with the other providers but was hoping to have at least someone on this side guide me on using the .net controls as I was not understanding their usage beyond examples in the NI software which is not applicable in my case. 

I was just hoping that someone here could guide me as far as the stated question of using the .net functionality on third party software. 

Sorry to have asked an inappropriate question.

There is plenty of support for .NET from NI.

Still no idea what you are trying to do. Sounds like you have no experience with writing test software software because your question would be more focused.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,602 Views)

That would be correct. I am sorry for my lack of knowledge. Can you please direct me to where I may best start my learning as far as this is concerned?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,576 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,572 Views)

Thank you very much. I'm sorry if I sounded like an ignorant *** with this but I guess I had been looking at the information incorrectly. I will read through and learn better.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,566 Views)