From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

format of sending commands to the instrument

Hi everyone.

Having success with installing a AT-GPIB board and connecting an instrument through it, i got a new "dead-end".

Thing, which makes additional difficulties is that my instrument is pretty old, but luckily has a following manual)

There are such format of sending of sending the GPIB-commands and its own regimes of measurement as well:

cmd1.pngcmd2.png   

I use an Interactive Control to try communicate with my device. As i have read in the GPIB Programming reference, i use ibrd and ibwrt (and try a "ibcmd" routine, but don't know if it is right) routines

to send commands and read results of measurement. But i succeeded only with reading data from device. Unfortunately, i can't come in with sending measurement regime instructions.

Help me please with identifying in which format i must send device instructions  programming and GPIB commands, as i can do it in different ways in interactive control:

ibwrt

enter string:    <hex of commands (0x20 for example)>  

or

<\ with hex (\0x20\0x30)>

or

<"\hex" ("\0x20\0x40\0x8")>

or just send ascii characters, or binary (0b001010101) or (0d1247267) - i even dont know cuz my device doesn't reacts on sending those ones.

Simply, i got "what i have to send" but don't know exactly "how i must do it" to get my device listen and execute my commands, so i'm requesting your help.

Thx in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,635 Views)

Are you saying you write the data in hex as follows?

ibwrt 
:0x03

Jensen
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,597 Views)