From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we use a non NI device like a USB microcontroller to communicate with labview for data logging?

i want to log data frm a USB controller like PIC18F series..can it be done using labview? i am new to usb controlling...dont know exactly how to use the interrupts sequence...can anyone provide with a basic example???? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,268 Views)

most usb based controllers can be communicated with via the serial port.

so on the controller you need an example, in LabVIEW you use the basic serial read write example.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,264 Views)

actually i hav a project in which i have to log the data through USB....can it be done?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,257 Views)

who said that usb could not emulate a serial port?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,248 Views)

i want to transfer data through the controller to the PC....only hav to wake interrupt the pc to take the data and not the other way around

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,245 Views)

I don't think you understand what Albert is saying. If you choose, you can use a USB driver for your device that makes the USB connection a virtual serial port. The LabVIEW programming becomes simpler. If you stick with a USB RAW protocol, you have a bit more difficult time. Iwould suggest you read the series of Nuggets written by Intaris.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,228 Views)

thanks.. this might help!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,205 Views)