From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA STB error: -1073807302

Hi All and NI AEs:

We are tryint to read the registers from Agilent 4294A (VISA using ethernet interface), whose drivers are here from NI.

We are running the sample program (called Wait for OPC.vi, see attatched VI) and get the error as follows (hope it is descriptive):

The error pops at VISA STB block.

Please advise us!

VISA STB (lan) Error.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,862 Views)

Hi

I found in fact two vi's that use visa STB in the driver and they are almost identical.

one is "Measure Wait.vi"

the other "Wait for OPC.vi"

I don't have the manual at hand but they both use another setting to the ESNB register naely 256 and 1

and what worries me more is that *CLS is used just before and just after setting this register.

Can somebody explain the difference?

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,850 Views)

Hi Albert,

here is the manual, do you have any comment on the error I showed on the picture?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,819 Views)

Hi there,

The kind of error that you are getting seems to be related to your NI VISA configuration setup. In order to find how to configure your session correctly, you might want to take a look at the tutorial Using Instrument Status Registers and Service Requests in LabVIEW.

Regards,
Efrain G.
National Instruments
Visit http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/ for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,774 Views)