From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB device no rename menu option NIMAX

I've recently had to reinstall NI Max and all supporting drivers to a new machine. When I open NIMAX, I'm showing two USB-6221 DAQs, one of which (named dev1) shows as disconnected and the other (dev2) is active.

I need to delete the inactive one and rename the active one to dev1, and heretofore had no problem doing that-- just right-click and select "remove" on one and "rename" on the other. Now, though, when I right-click all I get is "self calibrate."

I've updated to the latest version of everything. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? I have a production system down until I can get this resolved.

--

Ro ma wa ichi ni chi ni shi te na ra zu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,973 Views)

@gdecker wrote:

I've recently had to reinstall NI Max and all supporting drivers to a new machine. When I open NIMAX, I'm showing two USB-6221 DAQs, one of which (named dev1) shows as disconnected and the other (dev2) is active.

I need to delete the inactive one and rename the active one to dev1, and heretofore had no problem doing that-- just right-click and select "remove" on one and "rename" on the other. Now, though, when I right-click all I get is "self calibrate."

I've updated to the latest version of everything. Is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere? I have a production system down until I can get this resolved.

Did you transfer NI-MAX settings or simply re-installed software from scratch?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,955 Views)