Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Universal Hart Command #54 using Labview Hart Example

Hello, 

I was able to communicate with a Hart Device using Labview Hart Example and Viator MacTek RS232 Hart Interface. I was able to read identifier, primary variables etc. There is a specific command - #54 Read Transmitter variable information (Serial, Range etc) that I want to query. I am not sure how to modify the VI to achieve this. The Hart example is attached. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks

Fliu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,181 Views)

@FLiu wrote:

Hello, 

I was able to communicate with a Hart Device using Labview Hart Example and Viator MacTek RS232 Hart Interface. I was able to read identifier, primary variables etc. There is a specific command - #54 Read Transmitter variable information (Serial, Range etc) that I want to query. I am not sure how to modify the VI to achieve this. The Hart example is attached. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks

Fliu

I am sure some LabVIEW tutorials would come in handy. http://www.ni.com/academic/students/learn-labview/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,174 Views)

Hi FLiu,

Its great to hear you have the example working!  I would like to ask what VI are are you trying to modify and what are you trying to achieve in querying this #54 command?

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(5,148 Views)