From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS-422 : data with 2 TermChar (VISA Event based program)

Hello Everyone,

I'm using Labview (8.6) to make a program that interacts with a measurement system.

The communication with the device is done trough a serial (Rs-422) port. The device sends messages at 5Hz rate after a request from the PC.

The structure of the messages sent by the device is always the same, with a known minimal length and a two-character terminaison.19200 baud , parity=none, bitstop=1, databits=8.

I'm trying to make an Event based program. Please find attached the example of vi that I use (8.5 version).

I have a lot of warnings and after 50 cycles an error comes if I don’t use the VISA Disable Event and VISA Discard Event. Il seems that the event FIFO is never emptied event if I use the  VISA Wait On Event at each iteration of the loop.

The warnings and error are also attached. It seems that I haven’t good understood the event based programming. Can someone give me an explanation, how does it work or give me another proposition to identify the end of a serial message with 2 TermChar.

Thank you in advance for your support. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,044 Views)