Our online shopping is experiencing intermittent service disruptions.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX VISA Error

Awesome!! Was it the force reinstall of NI-VISA that solved the problem?

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,510 Views)

yes. force reinstall of NI-VISA 17.5.

I did a force reinstall previously which did not solve the problem, but possibly, (I'm not very sure) I force reinstalled not that last available version. I also cleaned up as much as possible before that last succesfull force reïnstall.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,499 Views)

If your problem has been solved, then please mark message 8 where the idea was given as the answer and Kudo any other entries that helped you towards the solution.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,488 Views)

I kudo'd the member who has posted msg 8 but am unable to mask as anwser

I think It's for the originator of this message thread to mark msg 8 as the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,445 Views)

I had the same issue, however I could not perform a force-reinstall because I installed from the NI Package manager, rather than from individual setup files or disk images. I attempted to uninstall/reinstall NI VISA with the NI Package Manager but still got the VISA error. What corrected the issue for me was this: I went and confirmed the following three files were on my system, and none were from third party manufacturers (by checking Properties --> Details):

c:\windows\system32\visa32.dll

c:\windows\system32\visa64.dll

c:\windows\SysWOW64\visa32.dll

The third file was missing. There was a version of it called visa32.dll.restore, however removing the word "restore" at the end did not fix the issue. I found the file on a different computer running Labview, copied it over, rebooted, and everything worked.

For what it's worth, on my setup, if I check Properties --> Details on the first two files, they are from IVI Foundation. The third is from NI.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,242 Views)

Hey,

I worked with LabVIEW 32bit on Windows 64bit Windows10

sorry

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,168 Views)